Side Note to Eric Re N-Dakoota and SCCA Events.

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Side Note to Eric Re N-Dakoota and SCCA Events.
From: Gillmanr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:13:08 EDT
Eric; I was privileged to work with the Red Cross back when the Red River
raged over the North central plains. I'm an old SCCA racer dating back to the
'60's running local Regional Drivers Schools /wheel to wheel / , never really
running National Racing, but loving Solo time trials, Hill Climbs, Auto X's,
and Solo-II events from just about the inception.

We'd pick up our Ford Winstar Van about 4:30 AM and head from Fargo up to
Grand Forks Air Base. Our record in a Winstar /maybe 6 to 8 volunteer workers
on board half asleep at tha time of day/  was actually about 55 minutes. We
found that the SEMA workers in their more expensive rental v6's and v8's
would pass us at about 100 MPH about 2/3 of the way b4 the main intersection
west to the Air Base..

We'd load up an ERV with groceries at the Air Base and make it back to the
metro area of Grand forks within about 45 to 90 minutes in our diesel powered
turbo Ford Truck. The Ford trucks were capable of about 90 MPH going East
with the prevailing winds and less going back to reload against the wind.

The folks up in your are area the greatest, sweetest people in the world.
Hope you enjoy the time you are in the area.

Regards, Ron

Wiregrass Region South Alabama