Re: Tire warmup area.

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire warmup area.
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 23:53:40 -0500
-----Original Message-----
> At the Pro Solo in Topeka, a 10 foot long area designated by cones was
used
> to do a burn out prior to the run.  I think this type thing would also
be a
> good idea in Solo II.  It would give a person without a 2 driver car
at least
> some heat in the driven tires.  It would make the first part of the
run
> relatively safer from cold tire spins.
> What does everyone else think?
No thank you.  That's for the "Pro" events.  Totally different format, upper
echelon of Solo ranks, best of the best, yadda yadda yadda.  The rest of us
"amateurs" are not "Pros" so we quite obviously don't need no steenkin'
burnouts.  ;^)

Eric (I love my street tires more & more every day) Linnhoff in KC
'98 Dodge Neon R/T (see-dan)
#69 STS
www.geocities.com/eric10mm/KnuckleDragger