Re: Tire warmup area.

To: knuckledragger@kcweb.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire warmup area.
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:30:19 -0400
All we would  need to do is put a tire burnout area in North Park for the
competitors to warm up their tires, and Allegheny County would have us out
of there so fast we wouldn't get 10 cars off in the first run.

People, autocross isn't drag racing. We normally don't do this activity at a
private venue. We have to jealously guard our standing with the people who
control the lots we use.  If you want to do burnouts...Go drag racing.

If we would set up a burnout area, it would be a sign to every Yo Boy in his
hopped up Accura and every crotch rocket pilot (none of whom were entrants
at our event of course ) to do burn outs and speed on the road around our
lot area. That would bring the cops in a heartbeat and we would be thrown
out for setting a bad example.

Not a good idea.

Larry Steckel