Re: Tire warmup area.

Subject: Re: Tire warmup area.
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 02:15:03 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 Streldoc@aol.com wrote:
> At the Pro Solo in Topeka, a 10 foot long area designated by cones was used
> to do a burn out prior to the run.  I think this type thing would also be a
> good idea in Solo II.  It would give a person without a 2 driver car at least
> some heat in the driven tires.  It would make the first part of the run
> relatively safer from cold tire spins.
> What does everyone else think?

I think that I care about heat in the front tires _much_ more than I care
about heat in the rears.  I can spin those off the line just like I could
in the tire box.  It applies more to Pros where you'd like to launch hard,
but I don't see how its much help with regular solo.

Personally, I'd much rather see a skidpad near the grid area... :-)

Mark