R-compound comparison?

To: AutoX <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: R-compound comparison?
From: TommyB <winnipegtommy@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:34:40 -0500
Hi,
I'm now shopping for R's, and some of the specs I'm finding on the tires
I've looked at do not mesh with the word-of-mouth reports I've heard.  The
biggest issue is tire wear, as I am interested in the most cost effective
tire.  According to manufacturer specs:
Yokohama A032R has a treadwear rating of 60AA
Toyo Proxes RA-1 : 40AA
Kumho Victoracer : 50AA
.....but, what I've heard from various people is that the yoks have the
shortest life of these three, while the Toyos have the longest.  These would
be used for mainly autox, with one or two road course lapping sessions a
season.  Anyone have experience with one or more of these tires in a similar
level of use?

Also, Treadwear aside, which tire would be the most competitive?

Thanks,
Tommy