Re: R-compound comparison?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: R-compound comparison?
From: Buddy Ahlers <buddy_ahlers@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:16:49 -0700 (PDT)
I have to agree here...My friend runs his Miata on
Falkens on the street and runs the Kumho on the
course.  I've run the car with both tires on it, and I
have to agree with you steve.
Nothing beats a new set of Hoosiers, but for the
price, Kumho will work very well, and last quite a
while.  As of this past Sunday, the Miata has done 3
events, including a 2-day drivers school on the Kumhos
and they have yet to show any real signs of wear.
The Falkens are also a great tire on the street, AND
they do well on an autocross course too, but you can
tell a difference.  They look as though they are not
lasting very long.  I think they may have almost 4K
miles on them, and they look pretty worn. (that
includes two autocrosses though too.)  They offer good
grip at a great price.
But I say again, Budget be damned! Gimme the Hoosiers!

Buddy
--- "Steven T. Ekstrand" <cyberlaw@earthlink.net>

http://health.yahoo.com