Re: I need a price check on tires, and some advice

To: "Joe Lee Jr." <joeleejr@yahoo.com>, <redraevyn@softhome.net>,
Subject: Re: I need a price check on tires, and some advice
From: "Dave Hardy" <dave2020@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 23:40:05 -0400
Agreed, but since this seems to be a primarily street driven vehicle, I
assume that some weight is given to tire life.  I have heard a life
expectancy of 10K-12K for the Azenis in normal-aggressive street driving.
For ultimate grip though, Joe is correct, look no further than the Azenis.
Or if you want to be really wacky, run DOT "R" tires on the street.

I myself tend to be conservative enough on the street that an ultimate grip
tire is wasted.  I like a decent tire, with predictable handling, but
getting that extra .05 G is not my concern on the street.  Getting home is.
I generally go with a Z rated 3 Season tire for my street cars.

Dave Hardy
89 SM
DILYSI Motorsports - Drive It Like You Stole It!