Re: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts

To: Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net>
Subject: Re: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts
From: Iain Mannix <mannix@rmsolo.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 18:03:29 -0600 (MDT)
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Rocky Entriken wrote:

> >    I know nothing about levels of preparation in DP, but isn't using the
> > fact that these cars have won to prove their well-preparedness rather
> > circular logic?
> >
> > --
> >  D a v i d  H i l l m a n
> >  hillman@planet-torque.com
> >

> Well it strikes me that the fact these cars have won -- and multiple
> times -- makes them benchmarks for the class.

Well, sure - but if they're not prepared to the limit of the
rules, it is kinda hard to say whether or not the Miata is an
overdog.

Note - I have _NO_ idea whether the fast DP cars are prepped to the
limit of the rules, but I think that's what David was getting at.

DP, EP, AP, dunno.  Bring it to EP, we'll build one.  IMHO, if it
shows in ep, it'll be the car to have.  Period.

Iain(not sure what to do with it, but I know what we'd do with
one if it were to come to EP....)