Re: Adjustable brake proportioning valve Q's on Civic

To: Dave Hardy <dave2020@mindspring.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Adjustable brake proportioning valve Q's on Civic
From: Yuri Klepach <civicr1992@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 04:42:27 -0700 (PDT)
OK, after thinking a lot about adjusting the braking balance of the car, here's
another thought:
how about using this
http://www.magnumforceracing.com/wilwood_proportioning_residual.asp   type of
TANDEM Master Brake Cylinder.    Since it has 2 outlets, use 9/16" outlet for
the front brakes & 1/2" for the rear brakes.  After the outlet, install the
adjustable proportioning valve on the FRONT brakes line.  This way I could
decrease the pressure to the fronts while maintaining the full fluid flow to
the rears.   Yes, the brake system would be re-done in such way that it would
be 2 fronts & 2 rears (not diagonal).
I haven't checked whether this Master Cylinder will fit Honda Civic's
booster...  I like this idea though...
Oops: the car: 1992 Civic 4-dr, 11" Fastbrakes front kit with drums in the rear.
Any consideration on this setup?   Again, thanx for all your inputs, I trully
value that!
Regards,
Yuri Klepach
faith.yahoo.com