RE: Maximizing front negative camber on Miata

To: Charles <cfgold@intrex.net>, autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Maximizing front negative camber on Miata
From: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:59:16 -0400
I'm still confused about exactly what to adjust and which way to adjust it.
If I adjust both of the lower control arm cam bolts to the fully outboard
position, won't that give the most negative camber?  Adjusting either one
inward to change caster would reduce the negative camber, wouldn't it?  I
figured that I'd just max out camber and not worry about caster since camber
is more important.

I live in Columbia, Maryland, and I haven't found a shop that I trust to do
a good custom alignment.  Most of them will only align the car to the
factory specs.  That's why I prefer to do my own.

Brad B.