RE: Maximizing front negative camber on Miata

To: "'Kevin McCormick '" <ktm@Unify.Com>,
Subject: RE: Maximizing front negative camber on Miata
From: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 22:25:02 -0400
" If I remember right, the front eccentric is actually slightly ahead of
the
shock/spring centerline, so, in theory, adjusting the rear eccentric
slightly less and fully extended would give more camber.  I never tried
it -
just put both eccentrics at full out.

Kevin McCormick
Former '95 Miata R"

When I first read that it made no sense to me, so I went out and looked
closely at the car's suspension.  I think what you mean is that the front
eccentric is slightly behind the shock, so adjusting the rear eccentric
inward might actually rotate the lower a-arm in a way that pushes the hub
outward, right?  I'll have to try this and see what it really does.

Thanks,
Brad