Re: Maximizing front negative camber on Miata

To: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>,
Subject: Re: Maximizing front negative camber on Miata
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 23:34:30 -0500
From: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>

> If I adjust both of the lower control arm cam bolts to the fully outboard
> position, won't that give the most negative camber?  Adjusting either one
> inward to change caster would reduce the negative camber, wouldn't it?

Yes.

> figured that I'd just max out camber and not worry about caster since
camber
> is more important.

I'd go ahead and do that.  Maximize the camber, reset the toe and see what
you have.  In the unlikely event that the resulting caster setting really
causes problems, you can always change it later.

If you can do a little skid-pad testing with a pyrometer, that would be a
good thing.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com