Re: STX (was STR) classification questions

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: STX (was STR) classification questions
From: "Brad Cox" <COXB@tmfhs.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:48:35 -0600
>> My poor 155HP RWD STS 240 would have little chance against a
220HP AWD STX WRX.<<

I wonder though...

I started thinking about this after nat's this year, and watching both
STX and STS first-hand.  By virtue of the differences between classes,
the vast majority (maybe all) of the STX cars will significantly
out-weigh the current crop of competitive STS cars.  Since rim width
restrictions also come into play, the decreased grip might also cause
performance to become even more weight oriented.

I'm thinking it might be good to have the cars in separate classes due
to different platforms moreso than all out potential of the vehicles
under the given rulesets.

-brad
(trying his hand at bench racing...)