Re: STX (was STR) classification questions

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: STX (was STR) classification questions
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <pullg@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 23:46:35 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Rick Brown <rickracer@quixnet.net>

> Was just looking over CalClub's results for our last 5 events for STS and
> STX.
>
> STS Entries 21 / 38 / 35 / 24 / 24
> STX Entries 10 / 11 / 15 / 10 / 10
>
> Looking at the times (on various courses from tight ones in a parking lot
> more open and faster on Buttonwillow Raceway) the two classes would merge
> nicely with the top positions a mix and the lead varying between an STS
car
> and an STX car.  We already run the two classes as their own run group.
And
> we do have some National caliber drivers in running in there.  Not that I
> have any stake in this even though I'm temporarily running a friend's car
in
> STX.  The question just made me curious.

Several classes overlap much closer than STS and STX -- the results from
this year's nationals shows:

The top 10 in AM overlapped the top 7 in F125
The top 10 in BSP overlapped the top 12 in CSP
The top 10 in BS overlapped the top 13 in CS

For the latter two of those pairs, the cars were pretty evenly distributed
across the 2-3 seconds covering those places, too.  That's closer than the
overlap between STS and STX -- the top 10 STX cars overlapped the top 15 in
STS, and the STX cars were concentrated towards the back of the distribution
(this year!).  That's somewhat course-dependent, though, too -- although I
note that the new PAX figures for BSP and CSP are very, very close....

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr