Re: STX (was STR) classification questions

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: STX (was STR) classification questions
From: Bob Pariza <bpariza@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:45:54 -0800 (PST)
It seems to me that's the answer.  We get new classes/concepts every so often
and if there's adequate participation they stick around.  Then if there's
enough interest/participation they split into A, B, etc.  If there isn't they
fade away.  That seems to be the answer to me.  If we add classes just for the
sake of adding classes we'll end up with a bunch of classes that have very
little participation, and while that may not seem like a big deal, it does make
life more "challenging" when you try to put on an event (don't forget timing
and scoring), more expensive (gotta have trophies for everyone) and less
interesting for the competitors.  You may want to argue that last one, but it's
not that much fun when you're the only one in your class, particularly if
you're trying to get faster and there isn't anyone to compare yourself to.  It
seems to work pretty well the way it is, but that's just IMHO...

 Brad Cox <COXB@tmfhs.org> wrote:>>Yeah, I was just thinking that what Solo2
desperately needs is several
more classes.<<

IMO, we blew past ridiculous about 30 classes ago, so suck it up and
let people have their fun. Class participation will decide the rest
(maybe).

-brad