RE: [evolution-disc.] ProSolo Bonus Points

To: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@winchell.org>,
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] ProSolo Bonus Points
From: "Andy Hollis" <awhollis@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:37:00 -0500
> From: Jeff Winchell [mailto:Jeff@Winchell.Org]

> The bonus point system makes an already bad problem worse, ironically also
> made worse by the increase in ProSolo events without an increase
> in required
> number of events.

Personally, I agree that more events should count.  Putting on my "Old Fart"
hat, "back in the day" three events counted, not two.  That pretty much
forced a potential class champ to travel a long ways at least once in the
year to run against potenially strong competition in another part of the
country.  And, for the max benefit, you did this twice since best 3 of 4
counted.  With enough events, this is not such a big travel deal for most of
the country.  Granted, you folks in the NW (or Florida) are screwed by this,
unless you do fly-n-drive deals, though.

So, if the problem being solved by bonus points is to try and make it so
less people come into the finale with the exact same points totals, then
counting more events is a better solution, IMHO.

--Andy