Re: [evolution-disc.] ProSolo Bonus Points

To: <awhollis@swbell.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] ProSolo Bonus Points
From: "Rick Cone" <rickcone@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:33:17 -0400
> But there is a single extra point awarded if you win your class by enough
> that no one else qualifies for the challenge.

Ugg... I don't like this new rule....

While it rewards those that go out and kick ass one weekend...

It penalizes those that run highly geographic competitive classes... East
coast FS back a few years... GS on the east coast the last few years...

You could have driver A win a lightly competitive class and get a bonus
point and at the next event get 1st no bonus.
Driver B wins and gets a second with no bonus points.

Driver A has 41 points going into the finale
Driver B has 36 points going into the finale.
Neither driver has ever raced against each other.
Driver B wins the finale
Driver A finishes second.
Final Points
Driver A = 57
Driver B = 56

In years past this would have been a tie, with the tie breaker being the
Finale finishing order.

So if you are driver B, even though you beat driver A, in the one chance you
had to race him, you still lose....

I wonder how many instances of this will happen this year?