Re: 14" performance tires?

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 14" performance tires?
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <pullg@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:37:48 -0500
----- Original Message -----
 In a message dated 10/28/03 11:17:19 AM Pacific Standard Time,
alandahl@mac.com writes:

> The only other high-performance tire in a 14" size on the Tire Rack's
> web site is the Sumitomo HTR 200. Anyone have experience with this
> tire? The reviews are generally favorable and the price ($36) is great
> but the tire and brand are a total unknown to me.

I'm just finishing up a set -- ran them as dual-purpose street/autox tires
this year.  I was disappointed in them as competition tires -- I'd had a set
of the HTR50Hs before this, which did quite well.  The HTR 200 (which
replaced the 50H in the lineup) isn't nearly as good a tire, IMO -- the
sidewalls are softer (1 ply, instead of 2), and they don't stick as well.
I'd happily get another set just for street use, though.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr