Re: Arizona Motorsports Park

To: "Dave Kizerian" <davekizerian@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Arizona Motorsports Park
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:17:55 -0600
Does ANYbody out there know what actually happened?

> The last-minute change in locations is due to a local ordinance passed
> this morning that will not permit any events to be
> held at the Arizona Motorsports Park effective immediately.

That sounds downright unconstitutional. (Art. 1, Sec. 9: "No bill of
attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed. "). There's ways around
that, but I wonder what the issue is and how they can essentially shut a
legal business down without notice.

Of course, the total lack of information means I have no clue whether there
may have been some ongoing issue (constituting notice) that has finally come
to a head.

I bet the lawyers are busy in Peoria today.

--Rocky Entriken