Re: Phoenix Tour moved

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Phoenix Tour moved
From: "The Fine's" <webefine@qcol.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:08:32 -0500
> This weekends The Tire Rack SCCA Solo National Tour event has

been

> moved from Arizona Motorsports Park to Firebird International Raceway.

> The last-minute change in locations is due to a local ordinance passed

> this morning that will not permit any events

to be

> held at the Arizona Motorsports Park effective immediately.

How can a township/city all of a sudden change their mind and revoke
permits for a business that was built for a sole purpose. It's not like
they can close down and re-open as a coffee shop or a cellular phone
sales store. From what I understand it is a pretty specialized facility
that would not lend itself to much adaptation for other business' to
occupy. They would have had to of known what types of noise and traffic
would come with such a venue when the original building/occupancy
permits were applied for.

Makes me shake my head.

Hmmmmmm????

Kim Fine