Re: dealing with decals

To: "Brian" <bmc@snort.org>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dealing with decals
From: "Steven T. Ekstrand" <cyberlaw@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:24:14 -0700
> How do you all deal with large decals with clear space on your daily
> drivers?  For most of my decals, I apply the decal to a large sheet of
> magnate paper and cut it out.  Some of the decals I have not used yet
> (namely Hoosier & Mazdaspeed) are not bumper sticker style.

I've got a bunch of those decals.  I went to a signmakers supply house
called McLogan Supply.
I bought plain white magnetic material and then searched through their color
samples of vinyl.  Two major lines they carried, Orocal and Avery.  I found
an Avery color called Electric Blue that was a very good match for my
Electric Blue SRT-4.  Apply the vinyl over the white magnetic, voila!  Color
matched background magnetic material for my cut decals.

Hundreds of colors of vinyl are available.

Good luck!