Re: dealing with decals

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dealing with decals
From: Steven J Miller <sjm@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 16:46:15 -0400
>Craig Naylor wrote:
>    To keep the magnetic nice, many attach them to the inside top of
>their trunks between events.  I have a hatch back, so that's not an
>option, so I keep mine in a large art folder which I store with my tires
>and other equipment.

I have a heavy-duty notebook with galvanized steel pages I cut out and
drilled. I've kept all of my magnetics in there, other than the really
large ones, for more than 15 years. I painted the pages because the
galvanized coating was getting some light powder on the backs of the
decals. You could probably make some sheets of galvanized to go in the art
folder to keep them from moving around.

I can't take credit for the idea, though - got it from Tom Bracci.