RE: More van questions - BB vs. SB mileage, durability?

To: "Don Kline" <solo2dmmr2@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: More van questions - BB vs. SB mileage, durability?
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@netins.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 13:29:23 -0600
Don:

A couple of FWIWs.

Ours (97 Ford V10 with 4 speed) doesn't indicate that you should bypass the
OD.  In 102K miles I have always used OD when towing our 6500-7000 pound
24' enclosed.

Also, our 1977 460 van got about 1.5 mpg better than our 1989 460 with port
FI.  Both had the C6 3speed automatic but I don't know what the
differential ratios were.

Greg