Re: Heartland Park Reply

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heartland Park Reply
From: "RJR" <ronr_3@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 23:19:31 -0400
Charlie wrote:

<<<"One of my dictionaries defines "race" as a "speed trial", another as "a
competition of speed" and none of them mention the proximity of one contestant
to another.  I'll side with Mr. Julow.">>>

>From the '06 rules:

<<<"1.4 Solo Event

A Solo Event is a non-speed driving skill contest such as, but not

limited to, autocrosses and slaloms. These events are run on short

courses that emphasize the driver's ability and the car's handling

and agility. Competition licenses are not required, and hazards to

spectators, participants and property do not exceed those

encountered in normal, legal highway driving.">>>

Doesn't sound like racing to me.

(or maybe it's a chance to change yet another rule)  <g>

Ron Rinz