Re: Heartland Park Reply

To: ronr_3@charter.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heartland Park Reply
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 23:31:58 EDT
I wrote:
<<<"One of my dictionaries defines "race" as a  "speed trial", another as "a
competition of speed" and none of them mention  the proximity of one
contestant
to another.  I'll side with Mr.  Julow.">>>

Ron Rinz replied:

>From the '06 rules:

<<<"1.4 Solo Event

A Solo  Event is a non-speed driving skill contest such as, but not

limited to,  autocrosses and slaloms. These events are run on short

courses that  emphasize the driver's ability and the car's handling

and agility.  Competition licenses are not required, and hazards to

spectators,  participants and property do not exceed those

encountered in normal,  legal highway  driving.">>>

Doesn't  sound like racing to me.

(or maybe it's a chance to change yet another  rule)  <g>  >>

"non-speed", eh?  Sounds more like drifting, where nothing is timed,  than an
event where timing is involved...  Or have I been getting it wrong  all these
years?  The car that goes around an autocross course the fastest  doesn't
win?  <g>

Charlie

PS:  As I said before, we have to be careful how we describe what we  do when
talking to those with lots we want to rent, the media, etc...  But  the
bottom line (at least to me) is that it is a form of  racing.