Re: SFR Calendar for 2001 is posted

To: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: SFR Calendar for 2001 is posted
From: "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:34:09 -0800
In message <200012181504_MC2-BF1B-BFC5@compuserve.com>John Kelly writes
>        While you may prefer the present Marina site* over other sites, the
>goal is scheduling events as close to the Bay Area as possible, to provide
>as many events as possible to our members in a convenient location. [...]
>        I hope you enjoy your long trips. By their distance away from the
>heavy population area, you will have a more laid-back event because there
>are fewer people.

I live in Mountain View;  I find that it takes me less time to get to
Marina, and I vastly prefer the drive over Highway 17 to the crawl
up 880 or 101 to Berkeley.  I love Berkeley, but GGF just leaves me
cold.

>        SCHEDULING: The last thing we can worry about is every other club's
>schedule. When our inside-the-Bay Area sites become available we have to
>use it when the land owner says we can.

I appreciate the difficulties we have in scheduling.  I just wanted
to encourage you to continue to think about possible scheduling conflicts
so that we can have the most possible non-conflicting events in the Bay
Area.

I love to go to SCCA events, where everything is so tightly run,
and the competition is so good.  I enjoy the NASA events just as
much (if not more), for their laid-back, friendly attitude and
interesting courses.  Given the choice between three runs on a
slippery, unpleasant surface and four plus runs on the nicer surface
at Marina, I suspect I'm gonna be missing a few SCCA events next year.

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net