Re: air latch vs electric door solenoid

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: air latch vs electric door solenoid
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 18:27:50 -0500
At 11:59 AM 2/7/2006 +0000, google Eyes wrote:

>There,s been a lot of talk lately about the air door system   vs the
>hydraulic system  . Question   i bought the complete air door system
>,haven,t installed it yet . I was wondering about the air  door latch  vs
>the original electric door solonoid .  I was at Terry Tanners shop couple
>years back  seen them installed . They seem fairly easy to install ,
>compared to the original are they a lot better . I have had the original
>ones stick before Thanks in advance

The air door latches are far supperior to the electric ones for several
reasons:

1. You don't have to worry about the current draw,
2. Don't have to worry about the ground and the solenoid not working,
3. Don't have to worry about the electric wire breaking, but do have to
   worry about the air line breaking.  But it's easier to snake a new
   air line down than snaking a new wire down.
4. The air solenoids can pull a lot harder than the electic solenoids.

Phone:  (757) 495-8229