Re: Fender Liners

To: "Gary Boone" <gboone@sisna.com>,
Subject: Re: Fender Liners
From: snyler <snyler@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 99 09:23:48 -0600
>Has anyone out there retrofitted their roadster with liners inside the
>fenders behind the front wheels?  When restoring my '70 2000 a few years
>ago, I removed the fenders and found a few pounds of 20 years worth of
>dirt, gravel, debris, etc., lying in the recessed cavities, which causes
>corrosion problems.  I'm thinking of installing liners to divert
>everything away from those recesses, something similar to the factory
>liners in my ZX.  Any one got proven ideas for material, design,
>attachment methods, etc?  Seems to me that plenty of roadster owners
>would be interested in this.
>Gary Boone
>Cheyenne, WY

If I had something like that 8 years ago when my 1600 hqd its bare-metal
respray, I wouldn't have the bubblin' crud surfacing under my paint. Most
fender liners seem to be high density polyethylene. I betcha a vacuum
form tool for ABS could be made, but it would be a project!

Seems like you could find some sound mounting points with some
experimentation

Marc Tyler
1970 1600
Boerne TX (Actually Sisterdale TX)