Backfiring during deceleration...carbs...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Backfiring during deceleration...carbs...
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 19:06:43 EDT
Ok guys...my lack of knowledge/experience with carbs is showing again. The
scenario: When cruising on the fwy in 4th gear (1600 with R16), everything is
fine and dandy. When I approach an offramp, I'll let go of the gas and let
the car decelerate gradually in gear. After a little while though, there's a
cute backfire that has the typical gun shot sound (scared the bejeezus out of
me the first time!). After the bang, the car still runs fine and doesn't miss
or show any other symptoms. So is this a major problem that I should worry
about, or is it just typical of a carbed car that can sometimes run a tad
rich?
Thanks in advance.

Van
- http://members.xoom.com/BADROC