Re: Backfiring during deceleration...carbs...

To: <DemonTSi@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Backfiring during deceleration...carbs...
From: "PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" <slick@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 16:54:11 -0700
It seems that I remember when I was a kid just beginning to drive we would
go down the street at about 30 mph. then shut off the ignition, with our
foot off the gas pedal(foot feed to you old folk) till it came to about 10
mph. and when the ignition was turned back on it would give a loud report.
If this sounds familiar it sounds like you have a pigtail wire in the
distributor that may be shutting you down when you decelerate, and when you
acelerate it then moves the distributor so that the wire is not shorting and
runs normal. check the wire that goes thru the distributor housing. it will
be shorted in the housing if any where.