Re: shaky engine

To: gregm@gippstafe.vic.edu.au, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shaky engine
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 17:10:34 PDT
<<greg mitchell 1965 sp310 1500 ps does anyone know or have an idea of how
many of these cars still exist.>>

Well, from the literature that is out there....some have estimated that
approx 1000 '65 1500 were made. And out of these there were several
variations: Some had 3 Seats(Though most had two seats), Different brake
line combinations, even different hood emblems (My 1500 has the one piece
emblem since New).

Over the past few years, I noted about twenty 65 1500 that are around. But
most of these are not roadworthy. Of those that are still on the road, many
of them have been modified with new engines (mainly R16s).

So how many haven't been crushed (of the 1000)??? Maybe 200-250 are left. Of
those, I'd bet less than 40% are roadworthy.

So who has the best example of a '65 1500?....Joe Roach's 65 1500 is just
amazing! The best example of a '65 1500 that I have ever seen.

His car is listed in Calspeeds Calander (January 99)

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA
1965 SPL310-10927D