RE: Dashes and Consoles

To: "Arlo J. Levisen" <alevisen@gdhscats.org>,
Subject: RE: Dashes and Consoles
From: "HUBBARD, Charles" <chubbard@shl.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 16:54:32 -0700
I rest my case.

-----Original Message-----
From: Arlo J. Levisen [mailto:alevisen@gdhscats.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 1999 9:18 AM
To: Datsun Roadster List
Subject: Dashes and Consoles

I will also add my comments, as the owner of a pair of 1500s.  We
recently had a chance to see and study our first 1600 (still have never
seen a 2000) and both the owner of the 1600 and I remarked on how much
nicer a dash design the 1500 has when compared side by side.  Both of my
dashes are still in perfect condition and the area covered by the
console in the 1600 is simply bare carpet in the 1500.  Very functional
and still nice looking.

I would also add that when you stand and view the 1500 dash from the
rear, they built in a "dual-cowl" look that is really neat and they
should have carried that forward.  We also have a nice little
"hand-grab" on the rider's side.

Further, the dash gauges on the 1500 are simple, stark and say "sports
car".  On the 1600 they say Buick or Cadillac or something like that -
certainly not "sports car".

I now feel, sorry to say, that in their attempt to upgrade, they lost
some neat styling cues that were spent on a very low production car.

Later,

Arlo Levisen
Revillo, South Dakota