RE: Dashes and Consoles

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Dashes and Consoles
From: "HUBBARD, Charles" <chubbard@shl.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 14:02:00 -0700
Mike,

I think the name "Idiot Light" is very appropriate.  It reminds me of the
time a had a thermostat stick shut on my Honda Accord while I was driving
80MPH on the highway for about 20 miles.  I never even thought to look at
the pegged gauge until I pulled off the highway, put the clutch in and the
engine died. The end result was a very scorched engine that smoked and never
quite ran the same. An idiot light would have been noticed before it had a
chance to do any damage.

LESSON: Gauges sure look good but they only work when you remember to look
at them.

Charlie Hubbard
1964 SPL310 (1500)