Re: close call... almost had two

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: close call... almost had two
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 10:28:38 -0700
It all depends on your needs. If you need a project car, then it's worth
$680. If you need a runner, and soon, then I would run from that car. If
you need a parts car, then it's worth $680.

One thing to remember. You're going to spend far more than $680 to fix that
beast up. You're looking at a minimum of $2000. And a lot of labor. If you
want a nice looking runner, and now, then skip this one and search for
something in decent shape that runs good.

If you want a project to play with, this looks like something to kill some
time with. I'd rather see someone restore these treasures than to part them
out. I bought a $500 parts car a couple years ago, and after some elbow
grease I love that roadster.

Cheers, Fred - So.SF, Calif. (3 roadsters)
SFBADROC

>Subject: close call... almost had two
>Author:  "Riedel; Dave" <RiedelD@pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
>Date:    9/13/99 9:10 AM

<snip>
>Usually, I just read posts like that and wonder how anybody finds the time
>to work on more than 1 roadster.  Well, 'over the weekend', I came very
>close to buying a '66 1600.
<snip>