RE: Fuel tank blues

To: Steve Harvey <stevenh@execpc.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fuel tank blues
From: "HUBBARD, Charles" <chubbard@shl.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:56:23 -0700
Steve,

My wife is an environmental engineering consultant with considerable
experience removing 6,000 gallon gasoline tanks for disposal.   You can weld
on the tank if you flush the tank and insert dry ice. Before doing this, she
suggests that you call the local fire department for advice on how to
proceed. Welding shops should also know this trick but make sure that the
tank is clean and that the welder knows what he is doing.

Charlie Hubbard
1964 SPL310