Re: re-torque of head bolts

To: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter), datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: re-torque of head bolts
From: Ray Cole <raycole@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 21:52:11 -0700
My 68 2L has coolent seeping down the sides of the block.  Has been doing
so for some time.  No overheating or coolent being forced out.  Ran fine on
a 3000 mi. + trip this summer.  Had assumed that I needed to remove the
head and put in a new head gasket.  Is there a possibilty that re-rorquing
the head bolts might solve the problem?

Ray

68 1600
68 2000 (with rust stains on the block)