Going racing - tech question

To: "240" <240z-club@peak.org>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Going racing - tech question
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kyle@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:09:31 -0700
Hi all:

D-day is nearly here - the Zbeast hits the track at Thunderhill
Park.  I'm so stoked I can hardly sit still; only been dying to do
this since the day I got my first Hot Wheels.

Anyway, the tech sheet is kinda freakin' me out - I'm unclear on
what I'm supposed to do.  The sanctioning body is CFRA, FWIW.  The
sheet refers to a "tech inspector" and has a signature for
"Inspector" as well as "Owner".  But it tells the owner to
"...inspect each item... and sign with your initial...."  so what
does that mean?  Is the inspector someone at the track who will give
'er the once over, or is the inspector an ASE-certified technician?
I'm planning on checking the car over myself anyway, so paying
someone to do so would be overkill.... OTOH, if I'm faced with
having to pull the wheels off once I get to the track so some
"Inspector" there can see my brakes, I just as soon do it here and
now, ya know?

So, if anyone out there has experience with this stuff, let me know!
       ____  Kyle Hagemann, Born-Again Grease Monkey From Beyond
   _.;(____\____    72 240Z, L28, 5spd, poly, etc. - The Z-Beast
  |  _ |   |  _'@`, 69 2000, U20, shagadelic baby! - El Projecto
  `-(#)------(#)-<  84 Maxima, 280ZX in sedan disguise - Mr. Max