Re: Plates

To: jhatfield@cavemen.net (William Hatfield), Paul <paul@winresearch.com>,
Subject: Re: Plates
From: Ray Cole <raycole@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 19:41:45 -0700
Paul,

We just went through that withe the DMV to keep the black and gold plates
that were original to the car.  The car had been non-oped for almost 20
years and DMV wanted to issue the new white plates.

They will tell you that the law does not allow it, then they will tell you
that regulations will not allow it but when pushed you discover that it is
simply policy and if you do not give up, talk to a supervisor, (politely
but often and persistantly), you will be able to keep the black and gold
plates.

It's not easy but it can be done.

Good luck,

Ray