Steering Q

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering Q
From: Alex Avery <aavery@rica.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 15:40:38 -0400
I know that my Z cars have rack and pinion steering, but I don't know what
the roadster has.  I can't look under my pop's roadster because it's at his
house at the moment, but he is whinning about the excessive steering play
in the center.  Actually, when I delivered it to his house, I too noticed
quite a bit of steering play.

So, two questions:
1. Does the roadster have rack-n-pinion steering, or is it a worm gear.
2. Can it be fixed, or do you need to replace the rack/worm?
3. If it needs replacing, are decent replacements available?

Alex Avery