Re: Steering Q

To: "Alex Avery" <aavery@rica.net>
Subject: Re: Steering Q
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 16:36:47 -0400
Alex,

There is a screw on the top of the box with a locknut on it. Loosen locknut
then tighten screw down a little bit and it will take some of the slop out
of the center part of the steering. Do NOT tighten it down too much as the
center is usually worn the most and it could/will bind if you take all the
slop out. Go for test drives to tighten it more or loosen it more w/o
binding when making a turn.

BTW, Roadster had 2 boxes 1. worm and roller and 2. recirculating ball which
came in late cars. No Rack & Pinion

Mike