Re: Steering Q

Subject: Re: Steering Q
From: Christopher Coker <cfcoker@home.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 17:17:10 -0400
The shop manual says that about 1/2" of steering play is acceptable.

If adjusting the steering box doesn't seem to do much, you might also
check the nut that holds the steering wheel on the shaft.  While the
shaft is splined, I had personal experience that if that nut isn't tight you
can experience some significant play.

It could also mean worn ball joints, tie rod ends, and/or suspension
bushings.

Chris Coker
Royal Oak, MI

'69 1600 SPL311-24529
'66 1600 G Production Race Car <- almost finished!