radio

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: radio
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 20:02:45 -0700
Came home from work early today, so I got a few things done. Sent the last
of the paperwork to DMV for the original plates. Sent Stan Chernoff the
vinyl he needs for my dashcap (it should be there tomorrow, Stan) and picked
up a new am/fm casette deck. I thought 'who has things no one else usually
carries', electronically speaking, that is. Yup, Radio Shack. They have
three models of two knob radios. The least expensive of the three (12-2004)
fits the existing opening in my 67 like it was made for it! I took the
console faceplate with me and when I pulled the unit out of the box, the
knob shafts were even in the exact position to slide into the faceplate!
This wouldn't have happened if I had thrown away my TRS80 stuff years ago.
At least when I'm done my car will be older than my computers, but not by
much...

My only concern is that the bezel on the radio is pretty long (it overhangs
the lower edges of the console front just barely. Has anyone used this unit
before and will the overhang be masked by the sides of the console and the
vinyl when it all goes back  together? Also, it seems that 4.5 to 5 inch
speakers will fit nicely into the holes behind the seats in the interior
walls. Where and how much, if you please?

Thanks

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600