Re: Watkins Glen

To: SGHT@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Watkins Glen
From: Nick Turi <nturi@otw.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 06:29:38 -0600
Was at the Glen this weekend an it absolutely fabulous. There was a little
rain on Saturday morning but overall it was very nice for all events. The
show and shine morning was the only wet time. I went to the track and had a
exceptional time there. The racers and crew were hanging around talking and
working on their cars. They were anxious to talk to all of us and take
pictures and give autographs. By late morning the weather had cleared and
events had begun.  We got to do the drive around the track and see some races.

There was plenty of time to talk and party with the roadsters owners. The
bomb fire and raffle was terrific. Even the legends of roadster lore were
there.
(Tom Phalen, Les Cannaday).

This a very special event with the Vintage cars and win tours.  Most of the
vintage cars were able to cruse through town on the old Grand Prix run with
spectators lining the street. I was able to take my '66 around the track on
Friday.

GREAT time.
Nick '66