RE: Clutch change story

To: "'Mike Poorboy'" <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>,
Subject: RE: Clutch change story
From: Howard Fletcher <hgf@netro.com.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:39:32 +1000
$600 bucks just for an overnight job !.

One afternoon racing at Phillip island a couple of years back I had a
clutch fail.
With a fellow Z car racer (and Z workshop), we drove back 2 hours to his
workshop in Melbourne, had dinner and started at 8pm.
We had already spent a day racing and we were a bit tired.

With a bit of funbling around we had the thing in and out and ready for a
test drive at 3am - got to bed at his house at 3:30am
woke at 5:30 and drove to the race track to be thare at 7am for
scrutineering. my first race was at 9am and I could hardly keep my eyes
open.

I know guys who have got an engine out in 2 hours with air tools, experts -
a non roadsterite may take two days.

Regards

Howard