RE: Towing a car for the first time

To: mickth@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Towing a car for the first time
From: wrichter@electroglas.com
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 08:29:02 -0700
Mick,
You're going to need to buy or borrow at least 2 tie-down straps (you know
the ratchet kind) which can be over the tires, and then use a thick rope (or
pull strap) as a safety which is tied from the trailer to a solid part of
the car (so it doesn't roll off the back of the trailer).  Make sure you
have the tongue load correct also.  The ratchet tie-down needs to be roughly
5x of car so get a 10,000lb rated one.  Think overkill and you'll be fine.

Wayne