Re: Towing a car for the first time

To: Mick T <mickth@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Towing a car for the first time
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 08:29:00 -0700 (PDT)
As someone who tows a little (about 8000 miles so far
this year), Ties and chocks are mandatory. I believe
in safety out the wazoo. If my trailer ever came off
the truck, the car would not come off the trailer. I
use 5000 lb car straps front and rear  one on each
corner. For the 2 hour tow, You can block in front and
behind the tires, and use 1000 lb motorcycle tie
downs, one at each corner. They are like $29 for 4. I
use car tie downs and they are $80-$100 for 4 from a
good auto store. Invest in the good ones if you are
going to tow lots.

I wrap around the front lower a-arm and use the rear
spring schakles in the back. My car dows not bounce
alot because of the really stiff springs I use.

Good Luck and be safe!
Don Miller
69 turbo v-6
Meridian, ID