Re: pipes and hoses

To: horne@cs.utexas.edu, shifty@best.com
Subject: Re: pipes and hoses
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:52:42 EDT
In 1967 on a trip from NY to California in the Roadster I screwed up the
brake lines on my 1966 1600 between Chicago and St. Louis, on a Sunday, and
drove into East St. Louis with the handbrake only.

I went to a guy at a parts store Monday.  He laughed at me when I asked about
a Datsun brake line, but when I showed him the parts, he said it was from a
Chevy.

The Chevy brake lines in his stock matched up with only a little bending, and
of course had the right double flares.  The threads on the early 1600 were
SAE.

Good luck.

Gary C
1966 1600