Back on the road!

To: "311" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Back on the road!
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kwhcpa@addler.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 08:32:55 -0700
Hi there Roadsterites-

*finally* got my '69 2000 back together.  MAN what a long strange
trip this has been.  Nine months worth of waiting, buying, learning,
procrastinating, and (really!) working on it has paid off.

Sure I'm happy to be back in the sun - but more than that - I feel
as though a massive weight has been lifted from my shoulders... it
was getting to the point that I wondered if maybe this was the car
that actually beat me and got sold in pieces.  But "no suh!"

I took 30+ pictures of the trans reassembly, and will do a write
up and posting in the near future.  I'd like to give something
back to the roadster community.

Couple of quick questions -
1) does anyone have a alternator plug set?  Both the alternator
   side and the harness side?  Mine are horribly melted together
   and I can see where one wire from the alt doesn't go anywhere
   anymore... I'd prefer to put in the correct plugs instead of
   a non-stock connector or (gasp) hardwiring.

2) does anyone have any words of wisdom on cutting a shifter?
   IMHO - the stock shifter is too long and too far forward -
   I have a spare to cut down and bend, but wonder about the
   wisdom of sectioning it versus just cutting the top off and
   rethreading it.  I believe an oxyacetylene torch is my sole
   tool option here.

Big BIG thanks to Gordon Glasgow, for his posting of "how-to fix
yer tranny" and to Datsunmike for putting up with nagging off-list.

Back in the sun-
       ____  Kyle Hagemann, Born-Again Grease Monkey From Beyond
   _.;(____\____    72 240Z, L28/E88/SU, 5sp, all poly - Z Beast
  `-(#)------(#)-<  69 2000, finally back on the road - Toadster