Re: PING PING

To: Alex Avery <aavery@rica.net>
Subject: Re: PING PING
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:18:53 -0500
Alex,

Good information, Thanks.

The burn rate is the same, but the lower octane fuel is less
resistant to pre ignition and denotation.  Also the fuels will
be blended differently for summer and winter formula's.

The Octane numbers are actually generated by empirical methods.
Research Octane Number (RON) & Motor Octane Number (MON). They
are tested at different air intake temperature, and different
operating conditions. So in the USA we have an average number
posted (RON+MON)/2.  With an lead additive you will not change
the fuel itself, but will increase the Octane numbers.

I used to be able to buy Toulene in a 5 gallon drum, industrial
cleaning fluid. It is also a nice octane booster.

Anyone know any Chemical - Petroluem Engineers? We need for him/her
to buy a Roadster and join the list! <grin>.  Of humor My mom
laughs about her six kids, we all went into different fields.
Nursing, Legal, Chemical, Industrial, CPA-accounting, Engineering.
She loves it as when she has a question, she knows who to call!
My brother who has his degree in Organic Chemistry soon realized
most organic chemist had a life span of 45 years... and changed
to electronics. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom