Re: Starter / Compression

To: <CalSpeed@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starter / Compression
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 19:13:40 -0400
Cal,

Is your battery good? Cables are clean? Have good grounds? Shear/crush some
teeth on the flywheel?

BTW, do you start it with the clutch depressed? I read that it is a good
idea and makes it easier to crank over.

My starter sometimes wouldn't kick over when hot and it was because my
battery was dying and not putting out full voltage. Hot starters require
more juice.

Just some thoughts.

Mike